Below are the documents needed to Apply to EPLA
- EPLA Application
- Student Attendance Record
- Student Discipline Record
- Latest Student Report Card
Below is a list of REQUIRED Documents to Enroll at EPLA
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Immunization Record
- Parent/Legal Guardian ID
- Proof of Address
Enrollment & Eligibility
- A student is able to be enrolled by someone who is not the student’s parent under the following conditions and must provide documentation of these circumstances upon enrollment:
- Special Power of Attorney or Affidavit that establishes guardianship of the child.
- EPLA is a tuition-free public school that serves all the families in the El Paso area.
- Transitioning military children may continue to attend the school in which they are enrolled.
- Transitioning military children will have an opportunity to participate in extracurricular activities regardless of application deadlines.
Documents to Provide Upon Transfer
- Official military orders showing that the military member was assigned to the state (or commuting area) of the state in which the child was previously duly enrolled and attended school.
- If a military child was residing with a legal guardian and not the military member during the previous enrollment they will have a copy of the family care plan, or proof of guardianship, as specified under the Interstate Compact, or any information sufficient for the receiving district to establish eligibility under the Compact.
- Evidence of date of birth.
- An official letter or a transcript, official or unofficial, from the proper school authority which shows record of attendance, academic information, and grade placement of the student.
- Documented evidence of immunization against communicable disease.
EPLA Academics & extra cirriculars
Please use the links below to learn about the amazing opportunities EPLA East has to offer:
Tutoring is available in the early-morning time before school and during school hours.
Here are just a few of the extracurricular activities EPLA East has to offer:
- Robotics Club
- Pokemon Club
- Dungeons and Dragons
Please use the links below to learn about our parent compact, parent-student code of conduct and other helpful resources:
School Contact Information
EPLA East Main Line: 915-298-3901
- Executive Director- Omar Yanar
- Social Worker- Cynthia Hurtado
- Dean of Instruction – Enrique Avalos
- Dean of Students – Karla Cruz
- Special Services- Jose Macias
- Jose Macias
- Karla Cruz
- Support military connected students and their families with guidance through the enrollment process, assistance with transfer records, information on existing community resources, and other student supports
- Offer professional development for staff members on issues related to military-connected students
- Ensure PEIMS codes accurately reflect military-connected students